Sri Sarvangasundari sametha Sarguneswarar Temple
சர்வசக்திஸ் வரூபே சர்வாங்கசந்தரி சர்வசத்ரு சாம் ஹாரிணி ஜகத்காரிணி ஜனநி பாஹிமாம்read more
The inscriptions around the walls indicate that the temple is a very ancient one patronised by Cholas. But who the real builder of this temple was, has to be probed and established by deciphering the inscriptions seen on its walls.read more
கருவேலி இன்று நேற்று தோன்றிய கோயிலென்று. திட்டமாக 3500 வருடங்களுக்கு முன் இக்கோயில் அத்ரி, கச்யபர் அனுக்ரஹம் பெற்ற ஒரு அந்தணரின் தவ வலிமையால் தோன்றியது.read more
Welcome to Thiru Karuvili Kottitai
Sri Sarvangasundari sametha Sarguneswarar Temple is situated at Sarguneswarapuram Village, widely known as Karuveli lies on the banks of Arasalar, a branch of Cauvery River. Having a rich History of more than a thousand years, the Temple has been referred as Thirukaruvili Kottitai by Tamil Saivite Saint Thirunavukkarasar in ‘Padhigam Pathu’.
Restored back to it’s glory by renovation and reconstruction from the Great Rajendra Chola’s quondam, the Temple presents itself as an immense structure to the entering devotee.
Maha Kumbabishekam at Sri Sarvanga Sundari sametha Sarguneswarar Temple, Karuveli happened amidst thousands of devotees on 30th June 2017 from 09:15 to 10:00am.read more
Kumbabishekam was performed for Kulathadi Vinayagar & Sri Mariamman Kovil followed by Yaga poojai, Homam & Vedha parayanam.read more
On 27th & 28th June 2017, starting with Vigneswara pooja, various Homams & poojas were offered in the presence of a number of devotees.read more
Facts & Figures
- Sri Sarvanga Sundari sametha Sarguneswarar Temple, Karuveli belongs to 300 A.D. according to known History
- Reconstruction & rehabilitation has been done in the period of King Rajendra Chola, illustrious son of Rajaraja Chola the Great.
- Temple built with Chola architecture using traditional methods which still stands high
- Sung by the great Saint Poet Thirunavukkarasar as “Go to Kottittai before Yama comes and worship Sarguneswara”
- Special Pujas and Homams conducted by ‘Sri Sarguneswara Kainkarya Sabha’
- Scenic small village of Karuveli with a beautiful Tank surrounds the Temple
During the year 1990 Thiru V.Krishnamurthy the former Chairman of BHEL, Maruti and SAIL and his brother Thiru V.Vaidyanathan, President, Kalki Group of Publications, natives of the village Karuveli took it upon themselves to reconstruct and renovate an ancient temple soaked in its own glorious history.
Due to their efforts the Kumbabishekam was performed in 1997. Though transformed from a completely different shape to the unique one seen presently, this temple stands proudly and tall as a majestic reminder of days gone by, but still inspiring faith and belief to those who enter its domain. Thus was the rebirth of Sri Sarvaanga Sundhari Sametha Sarguneswarar Temple – Karuveli.