Ashtabandhana Maha Kumbabishekam at Sri Sarvangasundari sametha Sarguneswarar Temple, Karuveli happened amidst thousands of devotees on 30th June 2017. Commenced with Vigneswara Pooja on 26th June 2017 a number of religious events happened which can be viewed in the Gallery.
Sri Sarvangasundari sametha Sarguneswarar Temple
On 27th & 28th June 2017, starting with Vigneswara pooja, various Homams & poojas were offered in the presence of a number of devotees.read more
Kumbabishekam activities at Sri Sarguneswara Swamy Temple Karuveli commenced with Sri Vinayakar Abishekam at 5.30 pm on 26th June....read more
கும்பகோணத்திலிருந்து அரிசலாற்றங்கரையோடு செல்லும் சாலையில் பசுமைச் சூழலை ரசித்துக்கொண்டே சில கிலோமீட்டருக்கு போனால் கருவேலி என்ற ஒரு குக்கிராமத்தை அடையலாம்.read more
Welcome to Thiru Karuvili Kottitai
Sri Sarvangasundari sametha Sarguneswarar Temple is situated at Sarguneswarapuram Village, widely known as Karuveli lies on the banks of Arasalar, a branch of Cauvery River. Having a rich History of more than a thousand years, the Temple has been referred as Thirukaruvili Kottitai by Tamil Saivite Saint Thirunavukkarasar in ‘Padhigam Pathu’.
Restored back to it’s glory by renovation and reconstruction from the Great Rajendra Chola’s quondam, the Temple presents itself as an immense structure to the entering devotee.
LATEST BLOG ARTICLES
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
Facts & Figures
- Sri Sarvanga Sundari sametha Sarguneswarar Temple, Karuveli belongs to 300 A.D. according to known History
- Reconstruction & rehabilitation has been done in the period of King Rajendra Chola, illustrious son of Rajaraja Chola the Great.
- Temple built with Chola architecture using traditional methods which still stands high
- Sung by the great Saint Poet Thirunavukkarasar as “Go to Kottittai before Yama comes and worship Sarguneswara”
- Special Pujas and Homams conducted by ‘Sri Sarguneswara Kainkarya Sabha’
- Scenic small village of Karuveli with a beautiful Tank surrounds the Temple
During the year 1990 Thiru V.Krishnamurthy the former Chairman of BHEL, Maruti and SAIL and his brother Thiru V.Vaidyanathan, President, Kalki Group of Publications, natives of the village Karuveli took it upon themselves to reconstruct and renovate an ancient temple soaked in its own glorious history.
Due to their efforts the Kumbabishekam was performed in 1997. Though transformed from a completely different shape to the unique one seen presently, this temple stands proudly and tall as a majestic reminder of days gone by, but still inspiring faith and belief to those who enter its domain. Thus was the rebirth of Sri Sarvaanga Sundhari Sametha Sarguneswarar Temple – Karuveli.